When it comes to coaching, I am so lucky – I have some of the most inspiring clients.
When her book launched last year, and she was in Istanbul for a few days, I asked if she would share some of insights and takeaways from her experience.
As I reviewed our interview, it became clear that Elmira’s generous sharing of her experience can apply to anyone in creation-mode, so whether you’re writing a book, building a business, or creating a product, there is something for you in this 30-minute interview.
Here’s what you’ll hear us talk about:
- How a daughter of immigrants learned about entrepreneurship in an effort to create jobs for people
- How the Silicon Valley spirit of entrepreneurship has gone global
- Understanding how a book (or other creation) is like another member of the family
- How to shift your story to the point of view of your reader (client/customer)
- Elmira’s favorite mantra to overcome perfectionism
- Gearing up to face the physical, mental and psychological obstacles that may derail your efforts
- Who to have on your support team
- What happens when you say yes to yourself rather than wait to be invited to the conversation
- Elmira’s advice for anyone at the beginning of the book creation process
- The most joyful part of creating this book
Mentioned in this interview:
- Elmira’s book, From the Other Side of the World: Extraordinary Entrepreneurs, Unlikely Places
- Foreign Policy Interrupted
Special Thanks To: